Just like aiming to achieve a perfect messy bun, trying to figure out your face shape is lots easier sound that it really is. Have you ever tried the trick, tracing your face in the mirror? I bet what you were able to make was a blob that looks more like a puddle than any other shape, let alone your face.
So that you can successfully pull off selecting which makeup and hairstyle flatter you, here are tips to knowing exactly what your face shape is. Once you’ve had that down pat, you’re sure to have have more confidence in applying your makeup and styling your hair.
1. Square – This means your face has straight sides and the line of your jaw is a little angled with just a bit of curve. Your face is both long and wide. Famous celebrities with this face shape are Sandra Bullock, Angelina Jolie and Katie Holmes.
2. Round – This is actually much like the square-shaped face that come with angles that are softer. This means your face’s sides have a slight outward curve instead of straight. You have a rounded chin with your cheekbones as you face’s widest part. Celebrities with this face shape are Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Lawrence and Elizabeth Olsen.
3. Oblong – Although dubbed as “rectangular” at times, they are actually lots more like the square-shaped face but more longer than wide. Apart from having a forehead, cheeks and jawline in a similar width, you have a little curve in your chin. Celebrities with this face shape are Sarah Jessica Parker, Alexa Chung and Joan Smalls.
4. Diamond – If a person would play connect the dots starting from the middle of your hairline down to your cheekbones and finally, to your chin, she will be able to draw a diamond. You basically have high cheekbones and a pointed chin. Note that what makes you different from the heart-shaped person is your narrower hairline. Celebrities with this face shape are Ashley Greene, Vanessa Hudgens and Christina Hendricks.
5. Heart – What characterizes this face shape are having a forehead as the widest part of your face and a pointed chin. For some, they have a widow’s peak at their hairline. Celebrities with this face shape are Jennifer Love Hewitt, Reese Witherspoon and Sarah Hyland.